- Role located in Geelong
- 6+6 month contract
- Anticipated start date 1/11/2021
- A pre-engagement check is required for this role
An Agile Coach is required to support the implementation of agile methodology, and to drive a cultural shift across multidisciplinary and geographically dispersed project teams, and more broadly, the business. The requirement is for an Agile Coach with proven experience in driving large scale change in the adoption of scrum and agile methodology. Additionally, the Agile Coach will build the agency’s internal capability to support its ongoing agile practices.
Specifically, the Agile Coach will deliver the following:
- Provide Program level coaching on agile principles, approaches and practices in the Agency’s context;
- Mentor and coach the Division’s internal Agile Coach to drive continuous improvement of the agency’s agile methods across the end-to-end design and build process;
- Ensure that the Participants, Platforms and Process Improvement (3P) Program work is aligned with the agreed design principles, design methods, governance controls and quality standards;
- Identify and tailor appropriate agile tools, guidelines and metrics to better establish and improve use of agile teams. Support should include identifying standards and practices for a Program to manage individual agile teams to follow;
- Support and coach the Product Owners and Scrum Masters, ensuring that agile principles and ways of working are imbedded and maintained;
- Workshop activities for broader product and project teams that support successful execution of new Product Owner role behaviours;
- Provide personalised coaching for individuals if and when required.
Pre-engagement Checks will be undertaken by the agency and commencement is subject to meeting the standard in relation to the Pre-Engagement Check requirements. Candidates that hold the right to work within Australia are welcome to respond.
- 3+ years’ experience as an Agile Coach/Consultant in large organisations and/or public sector agency.
- Significant experience in implementing agile project methodologies in large organisations.
- Proven experience in building internal capability of organisations.
- Proven experience in developing “business” (as opposed to “technology”) product owners.
- Understanding of inclusivity principles, and the need to design and implement processes that are accessible to all staff.