Azure Data Engineer (several)
- Roles located in Canberra
- Contract to 30/6/2022 with 2×12 month extension options
- Anticipated start date 1/11/2021
- An NV1 security clearance is required for this role
Azure Data Engineers are required to support new initiatives. The projects will require the services of experienced Azure Data Engineers to work in a multidiscipline team to work across various projects and disciplines within the organisation. In addition to working with project stakeholders and mentoring other Azure Data Engineers you will work within the organisation’s Azure cloud capability and be responsible for:
- Designing and developing end-to-end optimised data pipelines;
- Designing and developing complex data transformations;
- Designing and developing Power BI reports;
- Designing and developing API’s;
- Designing and developing complex database entities;
- Data modelling;
- Maintain and extend DevOps and CI/CD pipelines;
- Maintaining and extending project documentation;
- Working to meet business, technical and user requirements.
In addition to fulfilling current requirements, a merit list of suitable candidates will be established for the department’s future requirements over the next 6 months.
- Demonstrated high level of competency with Azure Data Factory (authoring and monitoring Pipelines, Datasets and Data Flows).
- Demonstrated high level of competency with Databricks and one or more of the following languages: R, Python, Scala or Spark SQL.
- Demonstrated high level of competency with Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Managed Instance, SQL Server and SQL scripting.
- Demonstrated experience utilising PowerBI (Administration and Development).
- Demonstrated experience with API Development.
- Demonstrated experience with DevOps and CI/CD pipelines.
- Demonstrated experience with Azure: Blob Storage, Key Vault and DevTestLabs.
- Demonstrated experience with Azure Synapse.
- Demonstrated experience with Azure Data Catalog.
- Demonstrated experience with Azure Infrastructure as Code (IaC).