- Role located in Canberra
- Applications close on Sunday 11/4/2021
- Anticipated start date 26/4/2021
- 6 month contract with 2×6 month extension options available
- A Baseline security clearance is required or the ability to obtain one
A Business Analyst is required to:
- Elicit requirements from subject matter experts;
- Communicate and clarify requirements as necessary;
- Maintain requirements responding to changes;
- Validate requirements have been implemented accurately;
- Manage expectations in line with agreed project scope;
- Assist in the delivery of the stakeholder management and communication plan;
- Assist in development of training and communication material;
- Assist with implementation activities; and
- Support acceptance testing.
You will help to improve the quality and timeliness of business analysis related services and products. This position will report to the Director of the Business Analysis Centre and project manager as appropriate. To be successful in the role you will require a strong work ethic including taking ownership, providing leadership and a high level of productivity.
Core skills required include:
- Business analysis (planning, requirements elicitation and management, analysis and design, business process design, strategy analysis);
- Produce relevant documentation applicable to delivering a digital service and business outcomes;
- Assist with collaboration and engagement between all project stakeholders, including leading and facilitating workshops;
- Assist to apply and guide the project on the adoption of the Australian government’s Digital Service Standard (DSS), service design and delivery process;
- Contribute strongly to a team of business analysts; and
- Identify and mitigate risk.
- A minimum of 3 years of proven experience as a Business Analyst to support delivery of IT and/or data driven projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency to elicit and manage requirements to address business area needs and objectives; to support acceptance testing, training and implementation activities to ensure the successful delivery of the overall business and technology solutions.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills, proven ability to liaise effectively with a diverse stakeholder group.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a multi-disciplinary team with excellent organisational skills to work to tight deadlines.
- Familiar with any of the following: data analytics, data warehouse or ETL tools; implementing solutions in D365; Azure integration services and/or MuleSoft enterprise services.