Business Analyst (multiple)
- Roles located in Canberra
- Applications close on Friday 2/4/2021
- Immediate start
- Contract to 31/3/2022 with extension options possible up to 24 months
- Candidates must be Australian citizens and able to hold a security clearance if required
Multiple Business Analysts are required to:
- Assist in defining and clarifying business needs and contributing to the creation of user stories or other artefacts to realise business requirements;
- Liaise with stakeholders to understand, gather and analyse their requirements and concerns in line with the department’s business objectives;
- Assist the Product Manager with managing requirements and communication by tracing business requirements through prioritisation of features and user stories;
- Produce artefacts and documents that may include process modelling, sequence flows and system specifications;
- Provide go-live support and maintenance for applications;
- Facilitate groups, workshops and meetings and assist in preparation and execution of agenda items services.
As a business analyst you will define and validate solutions that meet business needs, goals, or objectives, and analyse and integrate information, provided by a large number of stakeholders, and are responsible for understanding the core needs and requirements of stakeholders. You will work under the limited direction of senior staff as a member of a multi-disciplinary team. You will be expected to manage and organise your own work in the context of competing priorities and help the team to understand the internal processes and systems of the organisation. You will work closely with the user experience designers to ensure the design approach can be implemented in the business.
- Must have professional skills and experience as a Business or System Analyst on large scale IT application developments.
- Demonstrated experience in developing user journeys, user stories and use cases, and development of complex documentation.
- Analytical skills of a high order in a systems or business environment.
- Demonstrated high-level written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in agile delivery teams including experience in and/or exposure to JIRA and Kanban.