Cloud Database Engineer
- Role located in Canberra
- 12 month contract
- 2×12 month extension options at the client discretion
- Candidates must be Australian citizens
- Anticipated start date 8/11/2021
A Cloud Database Engineer is required to support the transition of this agency’s processing infrastructure to a cloud native stack (primarily AWS). You will have a strong technical background in AWS data storage technologies including RDS, NoSQL and OpenSearch Service.
Ideally you will supplement your database engineering experience with competency in supporting Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD) processes, automation and performance tuning of application and/or data stores.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing schema, access patterns, locking strategy, SQL development, and tuning of application data stores;
- Proactive and reactive performance tuning of application end-user queries;
- Designing, developing and maintaining CI/CD data pipelines, including automating build, maintenance of infrastructure as code, and automating deploy and release processes;
- Working with integration and application counterparts to deliver robust and scalable software to the agency’s business and align reference architecture;
- Knowledge sharing with data engineering team on implementation and/or associated best practice of cloud initiatives;
- Administering cloud environments in accordance with agency technical and security guidelines.
You will be highly motivated with a strong work ethic and able to work effectively in a multi-discipline team, and have experience in supporting and contributing to a highly collaborative culture where team members work closely to deliver quality outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in configuring, deploying and operating Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud services and infrastructure particularly in the data storage technologies including OpenSearch, Aurora, PostgreSQL, Oracle and AWS Database Migration Service DMS.
- Demonstrated experience in Continuous Integration (CI) Continuous Deployment (CD) including automating build, maintenance of infrastructure as code, and automating deploy and release processes.
- Demonstrated competency in monitoring and performance tuning of AWS RDS including Aurora, PostgreSQL, Oracle and AWS NoSQL DynamoDB.
- Experience working with Enterprise Monitoring platform including Dynatrace.
- Experience working with integration and BPM platform including:
- Experience working with CICD platform including:
- Digital.ai XebiaLabs,
- RedHat OpenShift,
- AWS EKS, ECS Fargate.