Content Strategy and Designer Lead
- Role located in Canberra
- Applications close on Friday 9/4/2021
- Expected start date 19/4/2021
- 15 weeks
As the lead on content strategy and design, you will:
- Undertake a content audit and liaise with internal subject matter experts to understand current state and objectives for the content;
- Develop a content strategy informed by user research and business needs insights; and
- Design and test a new information architecture, and develop new and updated web content in line with web usability best practice and DTA Digital Service Standard.
As the lead you will have demonstrated experience in:
- Auditing existing content and engaging with subject matter experts to establish a strategic context for the content design process,
- using evidence and insights gained through user research and content auditing activities to develop a clear, actionable content strategy,
- writing and editing web content in line with web usability best practice principles, such as formatting, voice and tone, and readability grade level,
- using collaborative and content design tools such as Gather Content and Hemingway Editor to ensure a high standard of work,
- managing content operations and workflows to deliver on schedule, and
- applying the DTA Digital Service Standard and service design and delivery process to website projects.
You will work closely with the internal content strategy and design team to ensure the proposed approach aligns with the broader strategic direction of the department.
Phase 1 (strategy and planning):
- Review existing user research insights,
- liaise with content owners and subject matter experts to identify business needs,
- liaise with internal web teams to understand the broader strategic context for the project, and
- establish priorities, approach and draft content strategy to inform the work.
Phase 2 (develop and test):
- Use insights to design a revised information architecture,
- work with internal web team to develop any prototype layouts required, and
- test and iterate.
Phase 3 (content):
- Develop content required to implement the new IA, and
- coordinate workflow to deliver final, approved content to the internal web team.
Deliverables for this project include:
- Content strategy – considers the broader strategic direction of the department’s web projects, and details content principles, approach (linked to evidence), and content model.
- New IA and prototypes – use insights to develop new information architecture, liaise with content owners to test and iterate. Work with internal web team to develop any prototype layout or functionality required.
- Web content – develop all content required to implement the approved IA and liaise with internal web team to prepare approved content for publishing.
- Ability to gather evidence from internal and external stakeholders and content auditing to develop a clear, actionable content strategy.
- Ability to design an information architecture that works for real users, including iterating the approach based on user testing.
- Ability to develop simple, easy to use web content that reflects the content strategy and web usability best practice principles.