Cyber Security Analysts
- Roles located in Canberra
- Initial contract to 30/10/2021 with extension options to 30/6/2022
- Anticipated start date 5/7/2021
- An NV1 security clearance is required or the ability to obtain one
Cyber Security Analysts are required to assist with monitoring the information systems and infrastructure and responding to potential security threats. This includes the management and investigation of security incidents, as well as responding to and approving routine security requests.
Key position responsibilities include:
- Providing advice on, and actioning Cyber Security incident investigations and requests;
- Providing advice agency-wide to enhance security operations and practices in accordance with the Protective Security Policy Framework, Information Security Manual and Australian Signals Directorate’s (ASD) Essential Eight Strategies to Mitigate Cyber Incidents;
- Assist with implementing cyber security work packages to produce an environment that supports the secure and effective delivery of projects;
- Conducting research into technologies, exploits, security posts and information potentially damaging or dangerous to reputation or services;
- Assisting the Cyber Security team as needed.
Note these roles may require shift-work during periods of high activity.
- Knowledge of the Information Security Manual, Protective Security Policy Framework and Essential Eight.
- Demonstrated understanding of Cyber Security incident response process and plans.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in managing client interactions and expectations in a service context.
- Experience in developing documentation, either technical or business.