- Role located in Sydney
- Applications close on Wednesday 5/5/2021
- Anticipated start date 20/5/2021
- 12+12 Month Contract
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-engagement check
A Data Analyst is required to lead a creative, effective, agile and technically skilled team of data analysts to produce consistent and accurate reports and insights to improve Scheme performance. You will plan, write, test and deploy code that links various sources of data together. The focus of this role is to collaborate with key business areas in the development and implementation of consumable reports and analytics to address key risks and emerging trends within these areas.
- Prioritise work items and add them to a work queue.
- Build data-consumption layer materials, so that they are ready for testing.
- Developing the data integration solutions as designed by the integration architect.
- Meeting the requirements specified by the data integration lead.
- Ensuring that the solution follows data integration best practices.
- Determining how to import and transform the data to fit the new data architecture.
- Setting up rules for cleansing the data according to data quality policies.
- Working with DBAs and data administrators to determine how to meet SLAs defined with the business.
- Helping with testing.
- Helping with the selection of data integration tools.
- Utilize your strong knowledge of actuarial, statistical and mathematical modelling techniques to deliver value add products.
- Good query/ SQL skills.
- Hands on experience in analytics tools like SAS.
- Ability to understand and document business processes and relevant dataflows.
- Ability to critically investigate complex data relationships and business rules.
- Assist external teams to navigate their way in the SAS/EDW for their data analysis.
- Help developers identify data and business stakeholders.
- Clarify complex business concepts for data developers.
- Confirm and review designs and output when required.
- Good understanding of datawarehousing (Teradata) and data modelling concepts.
- A positive contemporary attitude to people with disability.
- Like working in a team and are able to adapt quickly in a changing environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and produce clear, accurate documentation.
- Ability to independently work with business leads to extract business logic and interpret in terms of data impact.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to quality.
- Good multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.