- Multiple roles located in Canberra
- 12 month contract (asap to 30/6/2022) with a 12 month extension option (to 30/6/2023) available
- Applications close on Thursday 3/6/2021
- Immediate start
- A BASELINE security clearance is required or the ability to obtain one
Data Analysts are required to explore data to gain insights to inform and improve service delivery. You will be comfortable interpreting data and translating metrics into meaningful statistics and attractive visualisations. You will be confident with:
- KPI reporting and suggesting KPIs to track over time,
- collecting and analysing information within large complex datasets,
- complex SQL queries,
- critical thinking, reasoning and problem solving,
- statistics and data interpretation,
- finding patterns and trends in data,
- designing/developing informative reports.
You will be:
- Proficient with data analytics tools,
- comfortable working in a multidisciplinary team,
- enthusiastic, and full of personal drive,
- prolific in innovative ideas and output,
- willing to share knowledge and expertise with others.
- Strong statistical and data analytical skills; ability to identify patterns and trends throughout data; ability to translate complex information into visually appealing and accessible reports/formats.
- Ability to work with a broad range of business and IT stakeholders to gather reporting requirements then analyse, interpret and integrate different disparate datasets to satisfy these requirements.
- Experience using different data analytics and visualisation tools such as SQL Server Management Studio, Qlik Sense, Power BI, Google Analytics or an Azure Data Platform Environment.
- Self-management skills and ability to work across multiple projects in a fast-paced changing environment. Ability to prioritise your tasks, work under limited direction while delivering complex data products and reports under tight timeframes.
- Make a professional contribution to a product, service, team or organisation.
- Experience working closely and effectively within an Agile multi-disciplinary team using DevOps.
- Web analytics experience, including interpreting web traffic data and conversion rates using Google Analytics.
- Previous experience working with Employment data and systems.