Data Entry Officer (x4)
- 4 roles
- Roles located in Canberra
- Applications close on Thursday 18/2/2021
- Anticipated start date – 1/3/2021
- Initial contract to 30/6/2021
- A current Baseline security clearance is required for this role or the ability to obtain one
Data Entry Officers (x4) are required to compile and check geological and related digital data to support a number of projects. You will:
- Compile data from structured and unstructured from geological reports into structured formats suitable for digital data analysis;
- Enter data into databases such as geological samples, boreholes, lithostratigraphy, geochemistry, and mineral resources;
- Undertake basic QA/QC of geological and related data.
Previous experience with this organisation’s data management systems would be advantageous, but is not a prerequisite for the job. Offsite work may be considered following training and probationary work on site.
These roles are flexible with a minimum of one day a week up to ( 5 days/week) full time to a maximum of 400 hours/year. The workload and hours can change over the period of engagement.
- Have an appreciation of the benefits of scientific data quality and completeness.
- Proficiency with data management applications, especially Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure the compilation of highest quality data through your attention to detail and sound geological judgement.