Data and Reporting Test Lead
- Role located in Canberra
- 12 month contract with 2×12 month extension options available
- Applications close on Thursday 10/6/2021
- Immediate start (1/7/2021)
- An BASELINE security clearance is required for this role
A Data and Reporting Test Lead is required to work as part of a project team for the delivery of the Data Management and Analytics Platform project. You will work closely with various stakeholders, business subject matter experts, technical architects, data engineers and developers as part of the project, to deliver the agreed project outcomes.
The project will comprise of implementing an enhanced data management and analytics platform to facilitate data warehousing capabilities, reporting, data analysis, storing transactional data and archiving of required data.
You will be required to:
- Create test plans in Azure DevOps Test Plans that provide the required coverage for project deliverables and business outcomes;
- Write, review test cases using Azure DevOps;
- Execute complex test scripts which cover:
- Back-end infrastructure and functionality,
- ETL and ELT processes,
- SQL queries, and
- Power BI platform and presentation layers;
- Create, write and execute automated testing suites where possible;
- Effectively prioritise testing efforts, and test case execution;
- Analyse documented requirements, data analysis, detailed designs, pipeline specifications, user stories and requirements to generate test cases and test plans;
- Raise defects / issues and track faults using departmental tools such as Azure DevOps;
- Lead and engage with Business Stakeholders and Analysts throughout the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Process; and
- Be a contributing member of a multidisciplinary agile project team.
- Well-developed testing skills, including writing, reviewing and executing complex test plans and cases.
- Experience in end-to-end manual and automated testing and the ability to develop test scripts.
- Experience in executing back-end, ETL and SQL test scripts.
- Experience in converting user stories/business requirements into a executable test cases.
- Experience tracking and managing test plans and test case through Azure DevOps.
- Experience guiding User Acceptance Testing activities.
- Experience developing test plans/cases for data platforms, including the Azure and Microsoft suite of products and services, such as but not limited to:
- Azure SQL Database,
- Azure Data Factory,
- Azure Synapse, and
- Power BI.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, agile, environment.
- Work collaboratively as a team within the organisation to deliver quality outcomes.
- Communicate honestly, clearly, proactively and consistently.
- Ability to pragmatically change direction and scope as new information is discovered and challenges or opportunities present themselves.
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed teams.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical staff at all levels.