Data Scientist / Dashboard Developer
- Role located in Canberra
- Applications close on Friday 15 January 2021
- Commence in January 2021 (25/1/2021)
- 12 week contract with 2×3 month extension options available
- A Baseline security clearance is required for this role
A Senior Data Scientist is required to design and deliver dashboards. The dashboards will:
- Provide an overview of expenses;
- Identify areas of risk;
- Perform risk monitoring;
- Identify outliers;
- Enable evidence based decision making; and
- Benchmark work expenses.
You will be responsible for increasing the organisation’s data capability by mentoring 1-2 staff to assist in the development of the dashboard and developing instructional material for staff.
You will also provide detailed documentation outlining how to use, maintain and extend the dashboards including all data sources and data preparation/cleansing undertaken.
This role requires you to be on-site 2 days per week (max 15 hours per week), for approximately 12 weeks. Deliverables (Indicative) include:
- Proof of concept – Week 3
- First draft – Week 6
- Final product – Week 12
- Mentoring/training IPEA staff: Weeks 1 – 12
- Dashboard documentation: Week 12
- Demonstrated experience in the development of dashboards and expertise in business intelligence using tools such as Tableau, Power BI or similar.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, an ability to quickly understand the data and operating environment to assist the business area interpret data and identify outliers.
- Demonstrated experience in data extraction, cleansing and manipulation.
- Experience with statistical analysis and statistical concepts.
- Experience using SQL or similar query language to extract and manipulate data (desirable).