- Role located in Canberra
- Anticipated start date 18/10/2021
- 6 month contract with possible extension options (to 30/6/2023)
- An NV1 security clearance is required for this role
A Database Administrator / Engineer is required to to assist with the development and maintenance of systems. You will be responsible for a number of project and operational activities including:
- Creating, maintaining and managing databases with respect to security, backup/recovery and monitoring in on-premise and cloud environments,
- undertaking database administration, including monitoring system performance and ensuring successful backups, SQL migration experiences i.e SQL 2016 to SQL 2019,
- working with Cloud PaaS, i.e AWS RDS and Azure SQL / Cosmo DB and PostgreSQL, experience with SQL/NOSQL document databases and migrations,
- developing technical documentation to support design and maintenance of systems,
- analysing, testing and promoting changes to the environments,
- installing, configuring, migrating, upgrading and testing software, patches and tools,
- liaising with system administrators, department internal support teams, developers and vendors to resolve database issues and problems,
- providing specialist technical advice to users and assisting the developers in optimising the database and SQL statements to maintain acceptable database performance, and
- supporting BAU network requirements as necessary.
Please note that this organisation is largely working remotely for the foreseeable future. This presents a challenge for engaging with stakeholders that a successful candidate will have to navigate. The suitable candidate will initially be required to work remotely, and onsite in the longer term as part of the Department. The successful candidate will also attend and actively participate in project planning events as required either by phone, video or in person and deliver work in a self-managing multi-disciplined team environment. A condition of engagement is that proposed personnel have the required resources to work remotely.
- Demonstrated experience in a database administrator/engineer role including the creation and maintenance of database environments.
- Demonstrated experience in developing technical documentation to support design and maintenance of systems.
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting technical issues with databases in on-premise and cloud environments.
- Demonstrated experience with Azure / AWS database PaaS services.