- Role located in Canberra
- Contract to 30/6/2022
- 2×12 month extension options
- A BASELINE security clearance is required for this role
- Design and improve software that meets the user needs prioritised by the team;
- Develop secure and well-tested code that’s easy for others to re-use;
- Work with other team members to understand what needs to be built;
- Operate the services developed by the team and identify issues in production;
- Collaborate with other developers to continually improve the overall quality of the codebase;
- Create simple solutions that meet user needs with both frontend and backend technologies;
- Deliver and produce a test-driven or behaviour-driven development and continuous integration / continuous delivery cadence.
The skills and experience required include:
- Experience with other JS tools and libraries highly regarded, eg. Webpack, Babel, and Jasmine;
- Strong experience with HTML, CSS and SASS;
- Specific knowledge of common web security issues and how to avoid them;
- Experience developing and iterating software in agile multi-disciplinary teams;
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people;
- Strong understanding of common patterns for developing maintainable and scalable web applications;
- Understand how web applications are operated in production (eg. familiarity with platform-as-a-service and building twelve-factor apps);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Be a strong team player;
- Be collaborative, curious and helpful;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Experience with other JS tools and libraries highly regarded, eg. Webpack, Babel, and Jasmine and trong experience with HTML, CSS and SASS.