- Role located in Canberra
- Applications close on Thursday 25/2/2021
- Immediate start
- Contract to 30/6/2021 with a possible extension option
- Australian citizenship required for this role
A DevOps Engineer is required to:
- Implement and improve automated testing and deployment pipelines on AWS for Near Real Time production and delivery of satellite data products;
- Contribute code enhancements to Open Data Cube open source software project;
- Work with scientist to implement code and produce test products for evaluation;
- Benchmark processes and work to iteratively refine delivery to ensure cost effective use of AWS resources;
- Contribute and drive a strong DevOps culture with a focus on collaboration;
- Support, monitor and continually develop and improve tools, software and services that comprise operational environments to simplify and enhance data management, provision of data services, and operations within AWS;
- Develop and/or provide input to information support materials such as ‘how to guides’; and
- Help facilitate the continuation and expansion of operations and services; and continuously improve and optimise policies, processes and systems.
- Tertiary qualifications in information technology or equivalent industry experience.
- An expert in continuous integration and deployment – using technologies such as kubernetes, docker, terraform and airflow.
- Understanding of science concepts and ability to interpret complex information.
- Demonstrated ability to work proficiently in a Linux-based environment and in a range of computing platforms including AWS.
- Have the ability to work collaboratively and operate effectively in a small team environment that has significant and diverse demands on their time.
- Demonstrate understanding and experience in modern software development practices such as Dev-Ops and Agile.
- Strong understanding of software architecture patterns and team development tools and practices.
- Experience using Kubernetes.
- Experience in benchmarking and AWS expenditure optimization.
- Public GitHub contributions