- Role located in Canberra
- Applications close on Friday 15 January 2021
- Immediate start
- 3 month contract with a 3 month extension option available
- A Baseline Security Clearance is required or the ability to obtain one
A Front-End Developer is required to:
- Develop and implement a content hub that will enable products to be published on a ‘create once publish everywhere’ basis;
- Work with the interaction designer and technical lead to build features for Style Manual;
- Make accessibility fixes to Style Manual; and
- Help with testing and troubleshooting.
- Experience developing GovCMS (Saas) and Drupal 8 including:
- PHP and Twig,
- NPM, Docker, GitLab and associated tool chains.
- You must demonstrate experience delivering innovative solutions to content problems within the limitations of a GovCMS SaaS environment.
- An understanding of content hubs and experience delivering multi-channel publishing, including:
- content modelling for create once, publish everywhere (COPE) strategies,
- implementing schemas, structured data, and metadata,
- publishing and consuming public and private APIs,
- integrating government content and data with 3rd party private and community-generated content.
- An understanding of SEO best practices, including structuring data for search, voice and AI.
- Familiarity with WCAG 2.1 AA and the ability to implement expert recommendations to improve site accessibility across devices, understanding of mobile-first responsive development and familiarity with the Australian Government Design System.
- The ability to work at pace within an agile, multidisciplinary team.
- An understanding of content strategy, modelling, types and templates (desirable).
- The ability to translate the language of content strategy and modelling into technical contexts and back again (desirable).