Front-End Web Developer
- Role located in Canberra
- Initial contract to 30/6/2022
- Possible extension options
- Candidates must be Australian citizens
- Anticipated start date 1/11/2021
You will also:
- Support the lead developer in developing and supporting solutions for agency website and intranet;
- Use APIs (inc. SharePoint APIs) to build systems and applications that support the agency;
- Offer advice on best practice in web development and web publishing;
- Support the development of call-centre scripts using the MadCap Flare publishing software;
- Review current processes to identify and implement automation opportunities.
The team’s primary role is the management and production of the agency’s digital communication platforms and channels, including the agency website, Intranet and SharePoint. The team has technical expertise in website development, SharePoint development, user experience and digital technologies.
Your skills and experience:
- Experience with the Adobe suite (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator);
- Understanding of ‘designing with data’;
- A strong design / UX sense (desirable);
- Experience with the VUE framework (desirable);
- Understanding of the digital landscape, technologies, trends and key tools;
- Strong communication skills;
- Creativity and flexibility.
- Proven experience liaising with business areas to gather requirements and working to short timeframes.
- Demonstrated understanding of web accessibility and WCAG2.0.
- Demonstrated experience working with APIs.
- Experience with the MadCap Flare publishing software.
- Experience with SharePoint 2019/Online.