- Role located in Canberra
- Applications close on Thursday 11/2/2021
- Anticipated start date – 1/3/2021
- Contract to 30/6/2021
- A current Baseline security clearance is required for this role or the ability to obtain one
A GIS analyst is required to support the development and delivery of the Geospatial components of geologically focused projects. Specifically you will be tasked with the following:
- Undertake data curation and management of the project data holdings;
- Development of an online GIS application for internal project team member use, including analytical tool capabilities and web services; and
- Document the resulting data holdings and the online GIS application.
The successful candidate will work closely with the scientific team and will be supported by existing geospatial professionals. The ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
- Experience utilising the ESRI suite of products;
- Experience with the automation of data production pipelines (such as FME, Python etc.);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- A willingness to explore and develop geospatial solutions that meet client needs;
- Experience in the development of online GIS applications is desirable; and
- Web service development experience, or willingness to acquire these skills is desirable,
- Experience utilising the ESRI suite of products, including ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro and their extensions to carry out data management, analysis and presentation.
- Experience with the automation of data production pipelines (such as FME, Python etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in the development of online GIS applications, such as AGOL.
- Web service development experience ustilising ESRI technology or similar.