Information Management Officer
- Role located in Canberra
- Applications close on Friday 21/5/2021
- Anticipated start date 7/6/2021
- 6 month contract with 2×12 month extension options possible
- A BASELINE security clearance is required for this role or the ability to obtain one
An Information Management Officer is required to provide ongoing support for digital recordkeeping in the department and the administration of the recordkeeping system. This position will also assist with the management of the department’s paper files and the delivery of training in the use of HPE Content Manager 9 to manage digital records.
As an Information Management Officer, you will undertake the following activities:
- Provide help desk support to staff on digital and paper records management, including incident management for HPE Content Manager 9;
- Perform administration duties in the records management system, HPE Content Manager 9:
- create and de-activate user accounts,
- routine maintenance tasks to maintain the integrity of the system,
- import/export records,
- process paper file creations, file requests and movements,
- quality assurance of record metadata and classification of records;
- Perform paper file audits and conduct census activities;
- Prepare records for transportation to and from offsite storage facilities, vendors and National Archives;
- Digitise paper records, including the sentencing and destruction of paper files using NAA and agency specific records authorities;
- Assist with the delivery of training to departmental staff on the use of HPE Content Manager 9 and development of training materials;
- Develop records management help cards for review and publication; and
- Run statistical reports on recordkeeping usage and training.
- Skills and experience relevant to the role.
- Experience in a records management role or qualifications in information and records management or related discipline.
- Initiative, personal drive and commitment to delivering outcomes in a large organisation or government department. Highly motivated with a strong focus on customer service and well developed communication and presentation skills.