- Role located in Canberra
- Applications close on Tuesday 20/4/2021
- Anticipated start date 3/5/2021
- 2 month contract with 2×12 month extension options available
- A Baseline security clearance is required or the ability to obtain one
An Intelligence Analyst is required to support users and IT systems to enable timely collection, analysis and deciphering of intelligence to relevant areas through monitoring of open-source intelligence on biosecurity, compliance and environment issues using specialised tools. A range of users across the department and external clients use these systems for monitoring daily media and other open-source information. This information is wide range including biosecurity pest/disease status across the globe, government initiatives and policy announcements impacting trade/market access and research etc.
You will have a demonstrated history in media monitoring and intelligence scanning. An understanding of biosecurity issues affecting Australia’s imports and exports would be advantageous.
This role will include the following roles and functions:
- Actively participating in open-source media monitoring to gather intelligence relevant to biosecurity and international trade;
- Developing and delivering one-on-one and group training on the use of intelligence analysis applications;
- Identifying, planning and undertaking research and analysis for various areas in the department;
- Understanding and utilizing analytical tools and techniques for scanning the open-source web to develop intelligence products;
- Assisting with the management and administration of projects within the team;
- Contributing to and engaging in the development of the department’s wider biosecurity, research and intelligence activities;
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders effectively; and
- Designing, recommending and implementing business efficiencies which impact on the achievement of desired outcomes.
- Highly skilled web sleuth with good media monitoring and open-source information gathering experience.
- Ability to develop and conduct training activities/workshops including one-one/group sessions.
- Strong research and analytical skills with the ability to develop tailored intelligence products.
- Good liaison and negotiation skills with demonstrated ability to engage with stakeholders and build strong working relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to draft papers, briefings and other correspondence.
- Experience in IT technical, user testing and web-support.
- Ability to assist with project and/or contract management activities.
- Knowledge of Biosecurity, Plant/Animal health and/or environment.