- Role located in Canberra
- Applications close on Wednesday 27 January 2021
- Commence in March (1/3/2021)
- Contract to 30/6/2021 with a 12 month extension option available
- A Baseline Security Clearance is required for this role
A JEE Developer is required to maintain, upgrade and extend existing software built on the Java EE framework. You will work as part of a team and be required to:
- Collaborate with other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and deploy enterprise software, in accordance with software development standards;
- Maintain and upgrade elements of the Java EE hosting environment and the CI/CD pipeline;
- Investigate and recommend new and better tools; solutions; and practices; in support of the software development process;
- In collaboration with other teams, investigate, analyse and resolve technical issues and application problems;
- Participate in peer-review of solution designs and related code. Develop unit tests and conduct integration testing;
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members; and
- Create technical documentation for design, reference and reporting.
DevOps experience will be highly regarded.
- In-depth technical knowledge of Java frameworks. With demonstrated ability to develop and maintain high quality, secure, robust and scalable enterprise level software solutions using Java and Java EE.
- Experience configuring, optimising and upgrading Java EE application servers and java CI/CD pipelines.
- Ability to work in a team environment delivering a high level of customer service, with the ability to build strong working relationships and trust with clients, stakeholders and senior management.
- Good verbal and in written communication skills. Experience in preparing and maintaining technical documentation, with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures to colleagues.
- A relevant bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification.
- Experience with Maven, Jenkins, GIT, SonarQube, Azure DevOps and PowerShell (desirable).
- Experience with JBoss EAP and Apache Tomcat; including use of JMS, JPA, JMX and JSF (desirable).
- Experience with application performance monitoring and performance testing tools (e.g. Rational Performance Tester) (desirable).
- Experience with MS SQL Server (desirable).