- Role located in Canberra
- Contract to 30/6/2022
- Possible extension options at the client’s discretion
- A BASELINE security clearance is required or the ability to obtain one
- Anticipated start date 8/11/2021
A .NET Developer is required to develop a range of applications to support ICT systems for business applications. The role will encompass all areas of software development including stakeholder engagement, detailed design, user interface design, prototyping, programming, integration, migration and research. You will work within a small flexible team to:
- Develop software solutions using .NET framework, ensuring the solutions comply with information security requirements;
- Provide specialist advice and/or recommendations to internal stakeholders on software solutions;
- Investigate and problem solve production incidents, assess and manage associated risk(s), and develop application fixes in accordance with agency processes and software frameworks;
- Create and maintain technical program, end user and operational procedures documentation;
- Work effectively in an agile team, and liaise with other technical experts, business areas and clients;
- Meeting Quality & Performance standards for written code & team processes;
- Testing, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults in applications’ programming language with established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications perform to specification;
- Documenting and translating customer business functions and processes.
You will be expected to be predominantly working from the agency’s Canberra office. In special circumstances, such as the covid19 lockdown, you may be required to work from home.
- Proven software development experience (minimum 12 months).
- The ability to quickly understand current agency software programs.
- Excellent communications skills combined with strong analytical, problem solving and documentation skills.
Essential Technical Skills
- Extensive experience in modern software development methodologies and frameworks including Agile and Scrum.
- Strong experience with MS SQL Server and SQL including associated .NET ORM frameworks (LINQ to SQL/LINQ to Entities) along with ability extend a Microsoft SQL Server database using EF Migrations XML and JSON at various application tiers (Database, Application server, Browser).
- Extensive experience in implementing Restful APIs using C#.
- Extensive experience in implementing web user interfaces according to WCAG 2.0 guidelines, and verifying compliance with those guidelines.
- Strong understanding of Information Security/Web Application Security concepts and best practices including exposure to the Information Security requirements mandated in the Australian Signals Directorate Information Security Manual (ISM) and Protective Security Policy Framework.
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Visual Studio Online ALM, Build and Release functionality to contribute to the Scrum development process.
- High performance web applications including load testing.
- Experience with git source control and GitHub.
- Extensive experience dealing with complex software requirements and be able to apply their knowledge of software development within an enterprise environment using industry and Government standards and best practice.
- Software quality assurance methods including:
- unit testing,
- regression testing,
- peer code reviews, and
- defensive programming.