- Role located in Canberra
- Applications close on Monday 12/4/2021
- Immediate start
- 6+6 month contract
- A current NV1 security clearance is required for this role
A Network Engineer with 3 to 5 years experience with a strong understanding of network infrastructure and hardware is required to oversee a number of critical network projects and supporting upcoming events.
You will utilise your IT and engineering skills to undertake routine hardware, software and network maintenance, and contribute to the performance of the team by developing and documenting common procedures. Liaising with other IT teams and vendors will be key.
You will be a self-starter able to work under pressure, independently under limited guidance as well as comfortable working in a team environment.
Experience in video conferencing, IPTV, Internet radio, video screens and other Audio Visual equipment would be an advantage.
Some after hours support may be required/expected from potential candidates for this role.
- Strong understanding of switch, router and firewall hardware with experience configuring VLANs and patching cables within Comms cabinets.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot networking and connectivity issues.
- Ability to develop strong internal and external working relationships to facilitate collaboration, clear lines of communication and to deliver on AEC’s strategic objectives.
- Ability to create and maintain documentation using attention to detail, such as developing migration plans, bill of materials, and technical manuals and procedure documents.
- Experience supporting, configuring and troubleshooting large display screens, video conferencing equipment and IPTV systems.
- Configuring, managing and troubleshooting WiFi networks.
- Familiar with portable devices such as iPads and tablets.
- Experience working in an IT security conscience environment.