- Role located in Canberra
- 6 month contract with a 1×6 month extension option available
- Applications close on Monday 7/6/2021
- Anticipated start date 1/7/2021
- An NV1 security clearance is required for this role or the ability to obtain one
A Network Engineer is required to oversee a number of critical network projects. You will undertake routine hardware, software and network maintenance, and contribute to the performance of the team by developing and documenting common procedures.
You will have the ability to work under pressure, independently under limited guidance and be comfortable working in a team environment. You will be a key member of a small team responsible for overseeing a number of critical network projects, liaising with other IT teams and vendors will be key.
Experience in video conferencing, IPTV, Internet radio, video screens and other Audio Visual equipment would be an advantage.
This role may require the ability to provide after hours support.
- Strong understanding of switch, router and firewall hardware with experience configuring VLANs and patching cables within Comms cabinets.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot networking and connectivity issues.
- Ability to develop strong internal and external working relationships to facilitate collaboration, clear lines of communication and to deliver on AEC’s strategic objectives.
- Ability to create and maintain documentation using attention to detail, such as developing migration plans, bill of materials, and technical manuals and procedure documents.
- Experience supporting, configuring and troubleshooting large display screens, video conferencing equipment and IPTV systems.
- Configuring, managing and troubleshooting WiFi networks.
- Familiar with portable devices such as iPads and tablets.
- Experience working in an IT security conscience environment.