Network and Security Gateway Engineer (x2)
- Roles located in Canberra
- Anticipated start date 1/10/2021
- Contract to 30/6/2022 with possible extension options
- An NV1 security clearance is required for this role or the ability to obtain one
Several Network and Security Gateway Engineers are required to join the Gateway Consolidation Project team who will be responsible for the execution of a range of project activities and tasks in relation to Security Gateway Migration.
The services will include and not be limited to:
- Undertaking a range of activities in support of the management and operation of the Agency’s secure Internet gateway, secure systems, data centre and network services;
- Liaising with external and internal service providers as required;
- Day to day monitoring and support of network and gateway systems including Data Centre technologies, SMTP email systems, SSL Gateways, Load Balancers, Proxy systems, Firewalls and IPS;
- Implementing major/minor project work to support Agency’s initiatives;
- Undertaking enhancement and remediation activities across network and gateway systems; and
- Undertaking BAU tasks and other projects as required by the Agency
You will be responsible for the delivery of project/sub-program documentation in accordance with the Agency’s requirements and will include any or all of the items below on request:
- System Requirements;
- Solution Overview / High Level System Design Documents;
- Security Solution Architecture Documents;
- Standard Operating Procedures;
- Status Reports and briefing material;
- Improvement strategies and plans aligned with broader Department strategies and delivery management arrangements as required.
- Demonstrated over three years’ experience in a Network and Security Gateway Engineer role within a public sector context involving classified networks.
- A demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP networking, routing protocols (OSPF & BGP), firewalls (Fortinet + Palo Alto) / load balancers (F5 LTM & ASM) / IPSEC VPN (Cisco) and HTTP-based applications in general.
- Ability to deliver project outcomes through marshalling external providers, collating information and providing accurate, succinct and unambiguous documentation.
- Ability to develop, follow and champion processes for the migration of systems to ensure minimal impact to users.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating, coordinating and leading key stakeholders to deliver technology outcomes.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team including working in a responsive and pragmatic manner in order to deliver timely project outcomes.