- Role located in Canberra
- Applications close on Sunday 17 January 2021
- Commence in February (1/2/2021)
- 6 month contract with a 6 month extension option available
- A Baseline Security Clearance is required for this role
A PMO Specialist is required to provide a capability uplift, by establishing and embedding the PMO skills/expertise (PMO practices, processes, templates) required to support a multi-year, strategic business and digital transformation program. You will have demonstrated experience in establishing PMO operations.
The role is required to assess current arrangements, identify gaps and opportunities to improve PMO roles, functions, structure, processes, practices and templates. You will be expected to use your expertise and experience to provide some direction and guidance on changes, as well as develop and deliver artefacts and changes as agreed by the department, as needed for their PMO. Program/Portfolio management qualifications and experience with government assurance processes including the Department of Finance Gateway Review would be an advantage.
Only candidates who currently hold a security clearance will be accepted due to the need to start on 1 February.
This role is requires a blend of on-site and work from home, therefore candidates should reside within the Canberra region.
- Managing elements of the PMO processes, including coordination of program and activities such as decision and risk registers.
- Coordinating governance and reporting processes and providing advice and input to enhance the program governance and reporting framework.
- Support to integrated program planning and performance, and financial planning and performance.
- Provide advice and input to enhance governance/reporting framework.
- Support strategic planning & performance management.
- Desirable skills and experience:
- Qualifications and/or experience with government assurance processes including the Department of Finance Gateway Review,
- Strong organisational, written and verbal communication skills,
- Ability to effectively liaise with internal and external stakeholders, and
- Qualifications and/or experience in Managing Successful Programs (MSP) and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodologies.