- Role located in Canberra
- Contract to 1/12/2021
- Applications close on Tuesday 15/6/2021
- Immediate start (15/6/2021)
- A Police Check is required for this role
A Procurement Officer is required to join a project team responsible for implementing a new process of logistics and furniture supply. This role will involve exploring large contracts, contract management and drawing conclusions and insights to drive business improvements and opportunities.
The successful candidate will have advanced knowledge of Federal Government procurement policies and procedures and managing procurement contracts.
- Support the Project Manager to establish project Scope of Works;
- Collate, manage and present data to key stakeholders to influence and inform decisions including internal and external stakeholders;
- Contract Management including creating and maintaining large scale contracts;
- Preparing and executing procurement plans for the purchase of equipment, services and supplies;
- Establish clear plans and timeframes for project implementation and proactively monitor progress, identifying risks and issues before they impact the project;
- Proactively build and sustain mutually beneficial relationships with a network of key stakeholders internally and externally.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Highly developed communication and negotiations skills;
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently, effectively and delivery quality outcomes within tight timeframes and changing priorities;
- Detailed understanding of Commonwealth procurement practices and legislation and demonstrated experience in applying in operational context;
- Demonstrated experience in managing contracts in logistics.
- Demonstrated experience in the required duties specified.
- Motivated and diligent in getting tasks completed on time.
- Self managing and listen to desired outcomes.
- Honest and high integrity.
- Work as a team within our organisation.
- Transparent and collaborative when making decisions.