- Roles located in Canberra
- Applications close on Tuesday 24 November 2020
- Commence in January 2021
- Contract to 30/6/2021 with contract options up to 24 months
- A current NV1 security clearance is required for this role or the ability to obtain one
Program Managers are required to oversee the high quality and consistent delivery of the agency’s programs. Working under the broad direction of a Service Leader or National Manager, you will optimise the effectiveness of programs in your area of responsibility and provide support to the executive and program business lines. In performing a leadership role, you will contribute significantly to change management in the workplace, and build relationships with stakeholders across all tiers of government to drive the implementation and integration of programs at the operational level.
Duties may include:
- Lead, manage and deliver programs administered by the agency and report on program performance to ensure ongoing program effectiveness.
- Lead the implementation of operational, policy, procedural and customer service initiatives as they relate to service delivery programs and related change initiatives.
- Lead and manage program and/or service delivery staff and manage performance, attendance and health and well-being.
- Negotiate, engage and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver program services, build service delivery capability and promote the agency’s services, and attend interagency meetings and forums to obtain and share information.
- Provide specialist advice, procedural guidance and interpretation to staff, including strategic advice and operational intelligence to the Executive where appropriate.
- Develop and implement work area plans to meet demands and respond to change, providing strategic direction for work area and allocating resources.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to strengthen partnerships and networks to improve the coordination and integration of local service systems8. build strong relationships with the agency’s program branches and key agencies at all tiers of government to support the efficient delivery of government services.
- Demonstrated experience with project and program management frameworks and policies.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to manage and nurture positive relationships with stakeholders and respond to changes and expectations.
- Ability to demonstrate high level business acumen and represent the branch in stakeholder forums.
- Ability to plan strategically to determine work priorities and deliver business outcomes.