- Role located in Canberra
- Applications close on Friday 27 November 2020
- Immediate start
- 12 month contract
- A current NV2 security clearance is required for this role
A Project Manager is required to contribute to the planning and implementation of projects, including defining the scope and requirements, developing plans and schedules, managing the project’s budget, overseeing and planning resource allocation and work packages, managing risks and issues and communicating formally and informally on the project’s progress.
The department seeks a Project Manager who can think critically and utilise their excellent problem solving skills, as well as undertake negotiations, delegate effectively, and make timely decisions. You Project Manager will be a highly organised, dynamic, outcome orientated individual with excellent communication skills.
- Manage Project budget, project delivery and sustainment matters.
- Engage with stakeholders and conduct requirements definition and scoping activities to clarify and define the scope of projects.
- Contribute to activities for planning, requirements analysis, system design / development, testing, implementation and transition to operations.
- Undertake project risk management to identify, analyse, evaluate, treat and review risks and issues.
- Co-ordinate project resourcing according to project priorities.
- Escalate issues and seek advice from Director in a timely manner.
- Conduct project stage review and reporting, financial management, risk and issue management.
- Develop and contribute to project documentation including but not limited to Project Plan/Proposal, Stage Plans, Developing procedures, Exception Reports, Completion Reports Management of project risks and issues.
- Conduct procurement activities to support wider project requirements.
- Experience with requirements capture and definition.
- Demonstrated project management competencies.
- Procurement experience (preferably in a Defence context).