Senior Business Analyst
- Role located in Canberra
- Applications close on Monday 12/4/2021
- Anticipated start date 3/5/2021
- Initial contract to 30/12/2021 with options to extend 30/6/2022
- A current NV1 security clearance is required for this role
A Senior Business Analyst is required to:
- Lead and facilitate discussions and/or workshops with a wide variety of stakeholders, ensuring a common understanding and definition of requirements;
- Translate business requirements and/or legislative instruments into business process models and further defining into application features;
- Define and demonstrate these features for both technical and non-technical audiences through diagrams, user stories or other design artefacts;
- Maintain a line of continuous and transparent conversation with business areas, facilitating feedback and improvement in order to represent the views of the business to the broader delivery team and ensuring delivery of a quality fit-for-purpose outcome;
- Facilitate backlog refinement, review, retrospective and planning sessions as required.
- The right attitude is paramount to successful outcomes. You are someone that enjoys working in a tight-knit agile project team that includes technical staff and stakeholders. You communicate well, share knowledge and experiences, have a can-do and flexible approach, and recognise the importance of following Department processes and documentation requirements.
- Experience leading the development of process and artefacts (such as):
- use case diagrams,
- flowcharts and business process models,
- detailed requirements as both user stories or detailed requirements definitions,
- user interface prototypes and wireframes,
- other documents required to facilitate the successful delivery of an agile project.
- Must have experience working on agile projects with either experience or aptitude to facilitate refinement, planning, review and retrospectives. Agile certifications highly regarded.
- Must have excellent communication skills with experience facilitating discussions and/or workshops with a wide variety of stakeholders, and ensuring continuous and transparent conversation with business areas, to ensure delivery of a quality fit-for-purpose outcome.