Senior Business Analyst
- Role located in Canberra
- 6 month contract with extension options available to 30/6/2023
- Applications close on Thursday 3/6/2021
- Anticipated start date 1/7/2021
- An NV1 security clearance is required for this role
A Senior Business Analyst is required to:
- Lead and facilitate discussions and/or workshops with a wide variety of stakeholders, ensuring a common understanding and definition of requirements;
- Translate business requirements and/or legislative instruments into business process models and further defining into application features;
- Define and demonstrate these features for both technical and non-technical audiences through diagrams, user stories or other design artefacts;
- Maintain a line of continuous and transparent conversation with business areas, facilitating feedback and improvement in order to represent the views of the business to the broader delivery team and ensuring delivery of a quality fit-for-purpose outcome;
- Facilitate backlog refinement, review, retrospective and planning sessions as required.
You will work as part of a tight knit multi-disciplinary team on projects delivered using an agile approach, and with business and technical project staff who have varied knowledge and experience in an Agile software development environment.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills with a proven ability to liaise effectively with a diverse stakeholder groups to ensure delivery of a quality fit-for-purpose product.
- Experience leading the development of process and artefacts (such as):
- use case diagrams,
- flowcharts and business process models,
- detailed requirements as user stories, and
- user interface wireframes.
- Proven ability to work on agile projects with experience in or aptitude to facilitate refinement, planning, review and retrospective ceremonies.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment especially within multi-disciplinary teams. You share knowledge and experiences, have a can-do attitude and a flexible approach.
- Agile certifications highly regarded.