Senior Cloud Engineer (x2)
- Roles located in Sydney
- Applications close on Wednesday 5/5/2021
- Anticipated start date 24/5/2021
- 6+6 Month Contract
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a suitability baseline clearance
This organisation is embarking on major technology projects that will transform their business and continue their significant technology transformation in a number of areas such as virtualisation, mobility and cloud. They make use of the latest technology with an increasing focus on data sharing and analytics to make this organisation a ‘best in class’ regulator supporting the Australian financial markets.
Several (x2) Senior Cloud Engineers are required for the Cloud program and BAU enhancements. You will be required to:
- Monitor and analyse trends in system performance, cost, capacity and reliability;
- Implement new technologies within the AWS Cloud space to improve processes;
- Create and maintain operational documentation including configuration support manuals as the environment evolves; and
- Contribute to IT projects, working collaboratively with other IT teams to implement new systems, processes or technologies.
These roles require the following experience:
- 3+ years of experience working with AWS and a proven track record of building complex cloud infrastructure;
- Sound knowledge of AWS service offerings such as EC2, VPC, ELB/WAF, EFS, RDS, Redshift, EKS, ECS, S3, IAM, CloudFormation, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Lambda, landing zone, Config, Guard Duty, SNS, SQS, etc;
- Strong understanding of AWS security and monitoring and experience implementing best practices;
- Highly proficient development skills in AWS CLI and CloudFormation;
- Sound knowledge of server infrastructure, virtualization, and cloud computing;
- Experience with building and maintaining high availability production systems;
- Experience with AWS platform capabilities, platform architectures, and platform engineering solutions within multiple Cloud accounts and services;
- Good knowledge of Kubernetes, Containers, Terraform, GIT, Infrastructure as Code (IaC) will be a plus; and
- Good knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Azure will be a plus.