Senior Communications Officer
- Role may be located in Canberra or Sydney
- 6 month contract with a 1×6 month extension option available
- Applications close on Sunday 13/6/2021
- Anticipated start date 5/7/2021
- A BASELINE security clearance is required
A Senior Communications Officer is required to lead the development and delivery of internal and external communications strategies, services, and subject matter expert advice to support programs, initiatives and events.
You will have public sector experience:
- Managing and coordinating communications strategies and campaigns,
- delivering against key strategic objectives,
- supporting engagement and communication activities across a program of work, and
- executing elements of a communications strategy and campaign plan (i.e., planning, writing, and delivering campaign messages across channels, and engaging with external and internal stakeholders).
As the Senior Communications Officer, you will report to the Content and Digital Lead, and work closely with the Director, the Event Lead, and the Communities and Engagement Lead. You will focus on:
- Implementing communications strategies and the Digital Profession’s communications campaign;
- Developing and improving strategies to support communication and marketing goals;
- Designing digital marketing and social media strategies to drive growth and implement them;
- Developing content and managing online channels including social media and web;
- Monitoring communications KPIs and improving SEO;
- Developing a marketing budget and negotiating advertising contracts when applicable;
- Cultivating relationships internally and externally with industry professionals, key stakeholders and the DTA Executive;
- Working closely with DTA Strategic Communications to ensure alignment with agency comms objectives;
- Contributing to a range of high-level written material including executive engagement material, briefings and other content;
- Developing and sending out newsletters, blogs, and engagement pieces according to a communications plan and supporting the communications strategy;
- Identifying and analysing industry and marketing trends; and
- Reporting fortnightly on analytics and outcomes.
- University degree in communications or related field, or at least 3 years work experience in communication and engagement type work.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing complex communications campaigns and strategies.
- Broad industry experience and knowledge in a senior communications role within a large corporate complex environment.
- Experience developing and implementing lead capture and nurture initiatives.
- High-level project management skills, working to agreed timelines, with the ability to take initiative and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Experience working in the public sector, leading, or managing strategic communications and campaigns.