A Senior Network Engineer is required to:
- Produce technical and non-technical documentation;
- Produce designs to meet the stated requirements;
- Documenting and/or evaluating proposed solutions;
- Developing implementation plans and run sheets;
- Working with the Department vendors to deliver the required outcome;
- Documenting as-built/as-configured;
- Documenting and running changes (start to finish) under the ITIL framework;
- Updating and maintaining the Department’s documentation and management tools.
Flexible working arrangements are supported by the Department while COVID restrictions or staged return to workplace conditions are in place, but under normal circumstances this role is expected to be undertaken onsite in Canberra.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering Network Designs and Implementation including: switching, routers, firewalls, VPN, Gateways, network monitoring, WAN Acceleration and Network Security.
- Demonstrated experience in producing and reviewing technical documentation.
- Strong experience in implementing networking solutions for large, highly integrated government agencies or private organisations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders using written, verbal and/or other mediums.
- Understanding of the Federal Gov IT security environment (ACSC Essential 8, etc.).
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, and working remotely.
- Request for Tender preparation, including requirements gathering and documentation.
- Strong stakeholder engagement and coordination skills.
- Experience in SD WAN design, build and implementation.