Senior Training and Development Coordinator
- Role located in Canberra
- 6 month contract with a 1×6 month extension option available
- Applications close on Sunday 20/6/2021
- Anticipated start date 5/7/2021
- A National Police Check is required
A Senior Training and Development Officer is required to support the Assistant Directors in the design and development of learning and development programs and products. You will also participate in unit planning for short term tasks and contributes to strategic planning for longer term initiatives. The role is responsible for undertaking work that is moderately complex to complex and possibly sensitive in nature, under limited direction, utilising expertise and knowledge within the areas of project management, governance, learning design and program development in a geographically dispersed organisation. You will:
- Develop, deliver, coordinate, plan and assess relevant and engaging training, education and development products and programs that utilise tested instructional design theories, practice and methods to reach identified success criteria and end goals for participants;
- Create and implement supporting material, exercises and activities to support engaging and compelling training and development packages which form part of the organisational learning and development program;
- Provide accurate advice, guidance and assistance on all aspects of the development and delivery of learning and development products and programs using best practice and contemporary approaches to organisational learning across a diverse organisation;
- Monitor learning and development governance and as required, provide relevant reports, briefs and conduct evaluations;
- Assist with the conduct of procurement and contract activities to support learning and development and education programs and initiatives;
- Communicate and make decisions using good judgement, expertise and knowledge, governed by legislation, regulations, best practice principles or relevant operating instructions and procedures;
- Develop and support key internal relationships, including managing stakeholders to achieve project and agency goals;
- Provide analysis on complex issues and contribute to the management, preparation and coordination of policy formulation and/or project management;
- Provide accurate advice, guidance and reporting on team functional responsibilities; and
- Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed by management.
- Provide an example of your role in developing a training program/s for service delivery staff. What was your role, highlighting the importance and impact of your actions and the outcome/s achieved, and how did this program contribute to organisational directions/priorities and objectives.
- Provide an example of an interaction or situation that demonstrates your ability to establish and maintain strong professional relationships, focused particularly on key internal stakeholders, which achieved a positive outcome.
- The NTEU has a positive, collaborative and supportive team culture. Outline how you would contribute to and/or enhance this team culture.