Senior Visual Designer
- Role may be located in Canberra or Sydney
- 6 month contract with a 1×6 month extension option available
- Applications close on Sunday 13/6/2021
- Anticipated start date 15/7/2021
- A BASELINE security clearance is required or the ability to obtain one
A Senior Visual Designer is required to lead brand management and design and develop assets for events, communities, engagement, and communications across a range of media including web, print, and video. This role will suit a highly motivated designer looking to develop their creative skills and make their mark with a newly created and strategic brand. As part of the Events, Communities and Communications team, you will support the Content and Digital Lead and Team Lead to:
- Produce high quality, on-brand work including graphic design, photography, video and audio,
- manage and apply the Digital Profession brand to designs in different contexts including merchandise, banners, event collateral, and graphics for social media, print and web,
- support the ongoing development and enhancement of the Digital Profession brand,
- collaborate with designers, writers, user researchers, developers and communications specialists to make sure all content is on brand,
- provide technical support for the delivery of high-quality outsourced products from external partners,
- provide design support across the Digital Profession Branch, and
- maintain accessibility standards to WCAG 2.1 (AA) in all design work.
- Minimum 5 years industry experience and a supporting portfolio of work.
- Strong communication skills to engage with a wide range of stakeholders, including senior executives, staff, external providers and members of the public who attend Digital Profession events.
- Demonstrated experience using the Adobe suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects, and Acrobat.
- Demonstrated experience producing marketing, event and merchandising products for events and other engagement activities including photography, video, audio and graphic design.
- A strong understanding of brand, brand architecture and messaging and a demonstrated ability to maintain a brand identity across a range of executions.
- High-level project management skills, working to agreed timelines, with the ability to take initiative and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Experience editing and producing video content for online hosting (YouTube, Vimeo etc).