Service Desk Analyst
- Role located in Canberra
- Applications close on Friday 15 January 2021
- Commence in March 2021 (1/3/2021)
- 12 month contract with a 1×12 month extension option available
- A current NV1 security clearance is required for this role
A Service Desk Analyst is required to provide first and limited second level IT support as the first point of contact for all IT systems, via phone, email, onsite-support, including video conferencing and training and as directed.
The role is based in Canberra and may require interstate travel. You will work as part of a local and geographically disperse team and shares a reporting line. You should possess strong client service and technical skills, and applies sound initiative. You must have a proven understanding of ITIL and IT Service Desk & Onsite best practice. The hours of operation are 37.5 per week with some out of hours and weekend requirements as directed.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Working as a member of a team, providing effective first and limited second level IT support and assistance to AGD and AGS clients;
- Liaise with clients and other areas on technical support issues, problem resolution and assistance, through to resolution;
- Contribute to problem rectification and fault reporting including logging, escalation and coordination with team members and other IT support areas using an ITSM tool;
- Install and configuration software and hardware;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of standard operating processes and procedures;
- Log, manage and process Incidents and emails in job queues through an ITSM database;
- Perform the installation and configuration of desktop hardware and other devices;
- Utilise and contribute to the support material such as standard operating procedures and knowledge base;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of material for the operation of the section; and
- Undertake other tasks as required or directed.
- Strong experience in the provision of desktop/network support services with the ability to handle an interrupt driven environment meeting deadlines whilst managing day to day requests.
- Demonstrated experience in providing onsite support and working within a Service/Help Desk environment.
- Experience and knowledge in a broad range of technical skills including; Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange, Citrix, Windows 10, Microsoft Office, VPN, Mobility Devices including tablets, Next G, Telephony, and Video Conferencing.
- A strong client service focus, delivery of quality customer service, communication and negotiation skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated initiative and capacity to be self-directed in combination with working in a geographically spread team and working with staff who reside interstate.
- Experience and knowledge with ICT technology, software and applications including the associated protective security policies and standards (desirable).