Service Desk Analyst (x8)
- Roles located in Canberra
- Applications close on Tuesday 13/4/2021
- Expected start date 13/5/2021
- 12 month contract with 2×6 month extension options available
- A NV1 security clearance is required for these roles or the ability to obtain one
Several Service Desk Analysts are required to provide support to staff on core business operations and processes, the resolution of technical ICT problems and includes participating in section planning for short term tasks and work area planning for longer term initiatives.
The Service Desk Analyst role is responsible for undertaking work that is moderately complex to complex in nature, under limited direction, utilising expertise in the area of systems and infrastructure, and operational support across a geographically dispersed network. You may also be required to assist the ICT Provisioning & Support team with requests that relate to equipment, mobile devices and configuration. The volume of requests for advice and matters, along with the urgency to resolve matters, will increase significantly across both electoral and referendum events. There will be a requirement for work outside standard business hours during an electoral event period.
- Demonstrated experience in assisting staff via phone, email, remote and onsite support with incidents and service requests within an ITIL framework. Record accurate, timely and meaningful data in relation to client follow ups, requests and communication.
- Experience providing high quality services to support the AEC across a geographically dispersed network as required by providing consistent, professional and timely support and guidance to staff on program operations and ICT.
- The ability to determine software and hardware requirements to provide solutions to problems. Install and configure software and hardware, and repair and replace peripheral equipment.
- A demonstrated ability to working harmoniously within a team to achieve positive results, coordinating with team members and other support areas to provide resolution of issues, including the escalation of more complex issues to management and technical teams as required.
- Ability to perform systems administration and asset management tasks in support of the AEC Service Operations section. Assist with the planning and delivery of additional support activities aimed at enhancing the capability of the AEC.
- Conduct research and analysis to obtain evidence-based conclusions and assist in the management, preparation and coordination of policy or procedure formulation and/or project management.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft SCCM, Active Directory, Citrix, ITIL and Remote Access platforms are highly desirable.
- Ability to gain an understanding of Australian electoral law and practice.