Service Desk Analysts
- Roles located in Canberra
- 12 month contract with extension options available to 30/6/2023
- Applications close on Tuesday 15/6/2021
- Immediate start (5/7/2021)
- An NV1 security clearance is required for this role
Service Desk Analysts are required to provide first and limited second level IT support. The role is the first point of contact for all IT systems, via phone, email, onsite-support, including video conferencing and training and as directed. The role is based in Canberra and may require interstate travel.
You will work as part of a local and geographically disperse team and share a reporting line, and must possess strong client service and technical skills, and applies sound initiative. You will have a proven understanding of ITIL and IT Service Desk & Onsite best practice.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Working as a member of a team, providing effective first and limited second level IT support and assistance to clients;
- Liaise with clients and other areas on technical support issues, problem resolution and assistance, through to resolution;
- Contribute to problem rectification and fault reporting including logging, escalation and coordination with team members and other IT support areas using an ITSM tool;
- Install and configuration software and hardware;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of standard operating processes and procedures; and
- Log, manage and process Incidents and emails in job queues through an ITSM database.
Note that there may be some out of hours and weekend requirements as directed.
- Strong experience in the provision of desktop/network support services with the ability to handle an interrupt driven environment meeting deadlines whilst managing day to day requests.
- Demonstrated experience in providing onsite support and working within a Service/Help Desk environment.
- Experience and knowledge in a broad range of technical skills including; Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange, Citrix, Windows 10, Microsoft Office, VPN, Mobility Devices including tablets, Next G, Telephony, and Video Conferencing.
- A strong client service focus, delivery of quality customer service, communication and negotiation skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated initiative and capacity to be self-directed in combination with working in a geographically spread team and working with staff who reside interstate.
- Experience and knowledge with ICT technology, software and applications including the associated protective security policies and standards.