SOE Engineer / Apps Packager
- Role may be located in any capital city (including Cairns)
- 12 month contract
- 1×12 month option to extend
- An NV1 security clearance is required for this role
- Anticipated start date 8/11/2021
An SOE Engineer / Apps Packager is required to work on desktop modernisation and business as usual (BAU).
This role will contribute to the Device and Desktop Program which is maintaining a Windows 10 Standard Operating Environment (SOE) and associated desktop applications to the Department’s staff at a variety of metropolitan, regional and remote sites across Australia and the Pacific.
You will be required to assist with the documentation, configuration, and updated builds of a Windows 11 SOE with a focus on InTune MDM App Deployment and associated SCCM, App-V and Application Packaging activities.
You will also be required to perform SCCM Windows desktop OS deployment and automated build processes.
Required Skill Sets
- Strong experience with InTune App deployment and management;
- Extensive experience in application packaging, virtualising applications using App-V;
- Experience in whitelisting technologies like AppLocker and AppSense;
- Experience in VB and PowerShell Scripting;
- Strong technical writing skills;
- Experience deploying applications and OS deployment task sequences using SCCM;
- Understanding of technical release and incident management; and
- Working understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy from a SOE perspective.
NOTE This role does not require you to be located in ACT. Applications from any Capital City (including Cairns) will be considered and for the right candidate, will consider remote working options.
- Experience in Apps packaging and deployment for a modern Windows platform.
- Expert knowledge of Windows 10 SOE, application packaging, SCCM, Group Policy, Active Directory, Office365, and Intune.
- Prioritise new support requests and existing work orders, provide timely and effective technical support as required.
- Experience in application portfolio management and evaluating requests for new software and architecture documentation.
- Skill in preparing written communications and materials such as knowledge base articles and technical instructional documents.
- Record and maintain accurate service details, time records and job notes.
- Document any solutions as required and notify relevant personnel.
- Excellent customer service skills.