SOE Engineer / Solution Architect
- Role located in Canberra or Sydney
- Applications close on Wednesday 7/4/2021
- Expected start date Monday 26/4/2021
- 12 month contract with a 1×12 month extension option available
- A current NV1 security clearance is required for this role
An SOE Engineer / Solution Architect is required to work on desktop modernisation and business as usual (BAU). Specifically, this role will contribute to the Device and Desktop Program which is maintaining a Windows 10 Standard Operating Environment (SOE) and associated desktop applications to the Department’s staff at a variety of metropolitan, regional and remote sites across Australia and the Pacific.
The successful applicant will be required to assist with the documentation, configuration, and updated builds of a Windows 10 SOE and associated SCCM, App-V and Application Packaging activities. They will also be required to perform SCCM Windows desktop OS deployment and automated build processes.
Required Skill Sets:
- Extensive experience in application packaging, virtualising applications using App-V;
- Experience in whitelisting technologies like AppLocker and AppSense;
- Experience in VB and PowerShell Scripting;
- Strong technical writing skills;
- Experience deploying applications and OS deployment task sequences using SCCM;
- Proven experience and technical knowledge of enterprise implementations of Windows 10;
- Understanding of technical release and incident management; and
- Working understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy from a SOE perspective.
- Experience in designing and deploying solutions across a modern Windows 10 platform.
- Expert knowledge of Windows 10 SOE, application packaging, SCCM, Group Policy, Active Directory, Office365, and Intune.
- Prioritise new support requests and existing work orders, provide timely and effective technical support as required.
- Experience in application portfolio management and evaluating requests for new software and architecture documentation.
- Skill in preparing written communications and materials such as knowledge base articles and technical instructional documents.
- Record and maintain accurate service details, time records and job notes.
- Document any solutions as required and notify relevant personnel.
- Excellent customer service skills.