Systems Engineer (Cloud)
- Role located in Canberra
- 6 month contract with extension options available for periods up to 30/6/2023
- Applications close on Thursday 3/6/2021
- Anticipated start date 1/7/2021
- A current NV1 security clearance is required for this role
A Systems Engineer with cloud experience is required to work with project and operational staff to support the delivery of business systems across both on-premise and cloud operating functions.
You will assist with the following:
- VMWare automation using VRA, VRO and vCentre;
- Active Directory management for use across hybrid cloud environments;
- Account, OU, policy and role management and change especially through changes to identity providers and services;
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) management using tools such as YAML, JSON and Powershell;
- Environmental audit logging review and remediation in line with ISM and PSPF;
- Platform monitoring and maintenance activities using Solarwinds, Splunk;
- Abstracted tooling management (as required) to suit cross cloud delivery or maintenance activities;
- Some application release management activities using DevOps 2019 and TFS 2015 toolsets; and
- Provision of cloud governance services (eg. cloudwatch, Lambda, management groups, security centre remediation, Azure sentinel), and revision of Security Control Policies.
- Five or more years’ experience in installing, configuring and managing VMWare virtualisation of solutions within a hybrid cloud environment.
- Demonstrated experience deploying, managing and remediating infrastructure and applications in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and logging hybrid cloud for performance, availability and audit purposes.
- Three or more years’ experience working in a mid-size secure (PROTECTED or higher) enterprise environment.