- Role located in Canberra or Sydney
- Applications close on Friday 26/2/2021
- Anticipated start date of 15/3/2021
- 3 month contract with a 1×3 month extension option available
- A Baseline security clearance is required or the ability to obtain one
A Test Lead is required to take responsibility for planning testing approaches as well as executing the test plan as part of the integrated end-to-end testing approach and process. You will be experienced in analysing business specifications, designing test strategies, test plans and identifying test requirements for the creation, execution and maintenance of test scripts and use cases. As an experienced Test Lead, you will work in a multi-disciplinary team to ensure our digital products and backend environments work effectively when updates are released.
You will create and implement the test plan in a multi-product environment, that includes both apps (iOS and Android), websites and backend products. You will have extensive and strong technical knowledge and background. The Test Lead will be a strong problem solver. They will bring experience in planning and executing testing for end-user facing apps and websites, as well as experience conducting technical testing for both APIs and backend environment updates. The test lead will be experienced in the management and administration of test and UAT environments.
As the Test Lead you will oversee the development of test approaches and work with the team and other service providers to ensure testing is optimised and executed to a high level of quality. The Test Lead will also evaluate results from testing and provide feedback to Team on results and potential next steps.
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and highly-skilled test lead who is up for the challenge of creating and driving effective testing for these digital products.
Key Duties & accountabilities include:
- Develop, plan, execute and deliver in-house testing capabilities (inclusive of UAT, quality assurance, API testing, system integration, technical and Accessibility testing);
- Manage the planning and execution of testing efforts for the team to meet committed delivery dates;
- Evaluate test results, apply problem solving skills and analysis, and provide feedback and advice to the team on these results and potential next steps;
- Ensure material risks associated with the agreed test approach are understood by the team;
- Complete app UAT and regression testing on both iOS and Android using multiple devices to ensure updates work effectively;
- Ensure Test Plans proposed and executed by the team align with the relevant acceptance criteria;
- Provide regular updates on work status, risks and issues in consultation with the team;
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the team to promote their testing knowledge and facilitate the achievement of quality test outcomes;
- Implement testing best practices and standards, including tooling, documentation, metrics, reporting, and automation; and
- Management and administration of test and UAT environments.
- Demonstrated experience leading and executing focused testing activities, including test automation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a range of technologies used to build and operate digital services. Experience working with technical roles as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and testing processes on apps (Android and iOS), websites and backends.
- Demonstrated commitment to, and experience in, delivery of quality outcomes and continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of the methodology used in Government including the Digital Service Standard and the Service Design and Delivery Process.
- Demonstrated knowledge of agile delivery methodologies and the respective testing implications and best practice.