Training and Development Coordinator
- Role located in Canberra
- 6 month contract with a 1×6 month extension option available
- Applications close on Sunday 20/6/2021
- Anticipated start date 5/7/2021
- A National Police Check is required
A Training and Development Coordinator is required to support a broad range of training and development coordination functions. You will also participate in unit planning for short term tasks and some strategic planning for longer term initiatives. The role is responsible for undertaking work that is moderately complex to complex in nature, under limited direction, utilising expertise within the area of training, education and development coordination. You will:
- Coordinate the implementation, facilitation, resourcing and maintenance of training and development programs across the agency ensuring all staff have access to mandatory training and development;
- Provide support to the Assistant Directors in identifying and analysing training and development needs of staff, at all levels, across the agency;
- Provide advice to all stakeholders on the availability of training and development programs, policies, curriculum and training and development opportunities;
- Ensure training and development statistics and records including program evaluations and assessments are recorded, compiled and maintained for effective reporting purposes;
- Conduct research and analysis and provide conclusions on issues, assist in the management, preparation and coordination of policy or procedure formulation and/or project management;
- Develop and maintain key internal and external relationships, including liaising with stakeholders on policy, project or operational issues and responding to stakeholder needs and expectations;
- Communicate and make decisions using good judgement, expertise and knowledge, governed by legislation, regulations, best practice principles or relevant operating instructions and procedures; and
- Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed by the Management.
- Provide an example of your role in the coordination of a training program/s for service delivery staff. What was your role, highlighting the importance and impact of your actions and the outcome/s achieved, and how did this program contribute to organisational directions/priorities and objectives.
- Provide an example of an interaction or situation that demonstrates your ability to establish and maintain strong professional relationships, focused particularly on key internal stakeholders, which achieved a positive outcome.
- The NTEU has a positive, collaborative and supportive team culture. Outline how you would contribute to and/or enhance this team culture.