- Roles located in Canberra
- 12 month contract with 2×12 month extension options available
- Applications close on Tuesday 15/6/2021
- Anticipated start date 1/7/2021
- A BASELINE security clearance is required or the ability to obtain one
Multiple User Researchers are required to help design and deliver new experiences and improved outcomes. You will work closely with multidisciplinary teams and is responsible for helping their team to build an understanding of user’s needs, behaviours and motivations. You will take the lead on designing research plans, identifying the most suitable research methods and facilitating research with users or potential users of a product or service. Following research, you will communicate findings back to the whole team and work with the team to create actionable insights to guide design.
You will have experience working in Agile and, ideally, experience with the Commonwealth Digital Service Standard; including relevant work experience to deliver design and research activities, and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement.
The Department is seeking self-driven, curious individuals with a keen desire to learn, adapt, and make continuous improvement; being committed to seeing things through and delivering on key results and objectives. You should demonstrate an understanding of:
- The DTA Service Design and Delivery Process and Digital Service Standard;
- User research methods, usability and accessibility in digital services;
- Agile ways of working and scaled agile practices.
- Experience in overseeing and conducting research activities, synthesising, generating insights and effectively using qualitative and quantitative data to drive improvements.
- Experience in compelling written, visual and verbal communication of user research insights that effectively communicate to a wide audience from designers and developers to stakeholder and executives.
- Ability to make a professional contribution to a product, service, team or organisation.
- Have demonstrable experience working in a multidisciplinary team with developers and designers, using an iterative approach to deliver digital services.
- Experience working within a user experience capability within Government.