User Researchers (x2)
- Roles located in Canberra
- Applications close on Monday 22/2/2021
- Immediate start – 1/3/2021
- 3-12 month contract
- A Baseline security clearance is required for this role or the ability to obtain one
Several User Researchers are required to work closely with multidisciplinary teams to build an understanding of users needs, behaviours and motivations. They will take the lead on designing research plans, identifying suitable research methods and facilitating research with users. They will lead the whole team to analyse and synthesise research, communicate findings to stakeholders, and work with the team to create actionable insights to guide design.
The User Researcher will have extensive experience working in Government and, ideally, experience with the Commonwealth Digital Service Standard and the service design and delivery process.
A merit list may be created to fill other positions which will vary in length from 3 to 12 months, with options for extension.
- Demonstrate a minimum of 3 years experience in a dedicated User Research role, and demonstration of leading user research, including selecting and defining process, facilitating sessions, mentoring team members and making recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience in compelling written, visual and verbal communication of user research insights that effectively communicate to a wide audience.
- Demonstrated experience with leading synthesis and sense-making of qualitative research.
- Demonstrated experience working within a user experience capability within Government and sense-making for good design outcomes.
- Knowledge of the methodology used by the DTA, familiarity with the research and design community within DTA and the APS.
- Ability to work at pace in a collaborative environment as part of a multi-disciplinary, cross-agency team.
- Demonstrated experience of applying the correct research practice across different stages of a service (i.e. Discovery, Alpha and Beta).