- Role located in Canberra
- Applications close on Friday 19/2/2021
- Immediate start
- 3 month contract with 1×3 month contract extension option possible
- Australian citizenship required for this role
A UX Designer is required to engage with business areas to gather user requirements, design intuitive user interfaces, and bring them to life by working with other team members. You will work with the Digital Communication Manager and technical team leads to develop creative solutions across a broad range of products and services.
You will also:
- Create user interface designs and interactive prototypes;
- Develop wireframes and functional specifications;
- Document user research findings and contribute to presenting concepts to business areas;
- Promote a user centric point of view and demonstrating creativity in interaction design;
- Support the team by sharing fresh ideas and solutions;
- Look for opportunities for future development in UX and Design; and
- Build on the existing Design System.
The Digital Communications Team is a part of the Business Systems Operations section within the Digital Technology and Communications Branch. The team’s primary role is the management and production of the digital communication platforms and channels, including the website, Intranet and SharePoint. The team has technical expertise in Website development, SharePoint development, user experience and digital technologies.
Required skills and experience:
- Ideally you will have at least 5 years of UX professional practice in a similar role;
- Proven experience with business analysis, design, and research and understanding of business/user/customer requirements and user testing/usability testing experience;
- Strong conceptual and information design skills;
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Axure, Adobe CC, Mockflow or other tools;
- Experience in key areas of UX Design and its methodologies;
- Understanding of the digital landscape, technologies, trends and key tools;
- Strong communication skills; and
- Creativity, flexibility and energy.
- Demonstrated UX/UI design experience in Government setting.
- Proven experience with business analysis, design, and research.
- Ability to engage with business stakeholders in order to identify requirements and develop appropriate technical solutions.
- Experience in key areas of UX Design and its methodologies, including experience in prototyping and visual design.
- Understanding of guidelines and best practices for Australian Government web publishing. Including accessibility, security and privacy considerations.