UX Web Designer
- Role located in Canberra
- 12 month contract with possible extension options available
- Applications close on Sunday 13/6/2021
- Immediate start (21/6/2021)
- A BASELINE security clearance is required or the ability to obtain one
A UX/Web designer is required to help liaise between business areas, the developers and the design team to fine-tune the website experience. As a secondary objective, they will help to analyse and suggest changes and updates to many of the other sites we manage. You will have a keen eye for detail, will understand the fundamentals of how Drupal works and how it can be used, and will have a strong understanding of user experience and user-centred design principles. You will have experience working closely with developers and business areas to negotiate suitable solutions that are both effective and appealing.
- Use user-centred design to develop concepts and mock-ups for new content or products;
- Help business areas map their content requirements and recommend the most efficient way to present it using reusable interfaces that they’ll design;
- Be responsible for quality assurance of the appearance of the department’s websites in line with design standards and guides and the team’s objective to make beautiful, effective websites;
- Provide design advice, mock-ups, and asset creation for websites we manage; and
- Experience designing and refining website interfaces and providing specifications to developers to implement.
- Problem solving experience to understand business requirements and craft solutions that satisfy their requirements using established patterns, or new re-usable patterns that can be used by others.
- Proven skills to generate mock-ups and layouts to help describe a solution to business areas and to provide specifications and guidance to developers.
- Portfolio of design work demonstrating problem-solving and design skills.