Senior Visual Designer
- Role located in Canberra or Sydney
- Applications close on Friday 2/4/2021
- Expected start date 19/4/2021
- 4 months contract with a 1×3 month extension option available
- A Baseline security clearance is required or the ability to obtain one
A Senior Visual Designer is required to design and develop assets for events, communities, engagement, and communications across a range of media including web, print, and video. This role will suit a highly motivated designer looking to develop their creative skills and make their mark with a newly created and strategic brand.
As part of the team, you will support the Content and Digital Lead and Team Lead to:
- Produce high quality, on-brand work including graphic design, photography, video and audio,
- manage and apply the Digital Profession brand to designs in different contexts including merchandise, banners, event collateral, and graphics for social media, print and web,
- support the ongoing development and enhancement of the Digital Profession brand,
- collaborate with designers, writers, user researchers, developers and communications specialists to make sure all content is on brand,
- provide technical support for the delivery of high-quality outsourced products from external partners,
- provide design support across the Digital Profession Branch, and
- maintain accessibility standards to WCAG 2.1 (AA) in all design work.
- Minimum 5 years industry experience and a supporting portfolio of work.
- Strong communication skills to engage with a wide range of stakeholders, including senior executives, staff, external providers and members of the public who attend Digital Profession events.
- Demonstrated experience using the Adobe suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects, Acrobat, and Audition.
- Demonstrated experience producing marketing, event and merchandising products for events and other engagement activities including photography, video, audio and graphic design.
- A strong understanding of brand and a demonstrated ability to maintain a brand identity across a range of executions.
- An agile delivery capability according to agreed timelines, with the ability to take initiative and manage multiple competing priorities under limited direction.
- Experience producing audio content for podcasting.
- Experience producing video content for online hosting (YouTube, Vimeo etc).
- Understanding of the Digital Service Standard and Australian Government Style Manual.
- The ability to understand the Australian Government Design System in the context of a brand architecture.
- Experience creating animated digital designs.