Web Applications Developer (x2)
- Roles located in Canberra
- Anticipated start date 11/10/2021
- Contracts range from 4-9 months with the possibility of further extension
- A BASELINE security clearance is required for this role
Two Web Application Developers are required for the design and development of web applications that support management system integration with licensed software and development of web user interfaces.
As Web Developers you will work onsite (or during COVID19 lockdown remotely).
The contract period for one of the Web Application developer resource is estimated to run from 11 October 2021 to 21 January 2022, with option of extension for periods of up to three (3) months if additional funds approved.
The contract period for the second IAMS is estimated to run from 11 October 2021 to 30 June 2022, with option of extension of up to 12 months if approved and subject to budget for an extension being available.
A valid Baseline security clearance is required.
Responsibilities and deliverables include:
- Analyse existing business and system processes to inform an application solution that integrates with existing databases, utilises APIs, and licensed software as required.
- Assist to document proposed integrated solution design including back end and front-end design for approval by Architecture Design Board and Chief Information Officer (CIO).
- Build and test prototypes.
- Upgrade of existing web applications to modern frameworks and connections to databases.
- Leverage open source libraries and tools as required.
- Work closely with stakeholders (particularly Applications Integration, Infrastructure and Business Engagement sections) to deliver outputs/outcomes.
- Application solution design.
- Build applications to deliver capability for archival workflows and integration with existing storage. In particular, uplift of existing applications to .NET Core.
- Agile approach and code management in TFS.
- Work with team members, contribute to identification of issues/bugs.
- Technical system documentation/ handover support documentation.